How To Spice Up Your Sugar Rolls For A Fancy Afternoon Tea
Updated on 05-March-2021
Longing for a fancy afternoon tea? Polar is here to help! Nothing completes an afternoon tea like ordering cakes online and savour its decadence in every bite. With just a little whipped cream or whipping cream, you can #makeitfancy too. Did you know you can set up a fancy-looking high tea with just Polar's Signature Sugar Rolls, whipped cream and whichever decorative toppings you have?
To give our signature rolls a little twist, here are 3 ways you can spice them up for a fancy treat at home!
1. Make it fruity
Fruits make excellent decoration pieces to give any cake or pastry a fancy twist! With a rainbow of colours and a wide variety of shapes to choose from, your favourite fruits can perk up the look of your sugar rolls while giving it an extra burst of sweetness or tartness. The best part – it’s extremely easy!
All you need:
Fruits of your choice
- Start by placing a few scoops of the whipped cream into a piping bag with a piping tip. You can experiment with piping tips of different shapes and sizes to create a variety of icing designs.
- Next, pipe the whipped cream onto the sugar rolls. Be sure to get creative with your designs!
- Lastly, cut up your fruits into small pieces and use them as decorative pieces for your sugar rolls! If you’d like to get a little more artistic, cut your fruits up into fancy shapes such as hearts, flowers, or anything you desire!
2. Add some sprinkle
For a little extra sugar and a pop of colour, you can’t go wrong with some pretty decorative sprinkles! Sprinkles come in a variety of shapes and colour, so you can use them to decorate your sugar rolls according to the theme of your afternoon tea. Whether you want your sugar rolls to look vibrant or funky, decorating doesn’t get any easier than using sprinkles.
All you need:
Any decorative sprinkles
- Similar to decorating with fruits, begin by filling your piping bags with whipped cream.
- Then, pipe the whipped cream onto the sugar rolls. Don’t forget to get creative! Try out different piping tips and piping methods to create a variety of unique designs.
- Lastly, simply sprinkle your sprinkles onto the whipped cream!
3. Coat it in chocolate
If you’re a chocoholic, satisfy your cravings by adding some chocolatey goodness to your sugar rolls. Follow these steps to make a decadent chocolate ganache that you can coat your sugar rolls with.
All you need:
Pure chocolate of your choice
- Finely chop the chocolate into small pieces and place them into a heat-proof bowl.
-Heat the heavy cream on the stove until it begins to simmer. Be sure that it doesn’t start boiling, as the heat can separate or even burn the chocolate. Once the cream starts to simmer around the edges, turn off the heat and immediately pour it over the chocolate.
- Let the cream and chocolate sit for a few minutes. Then, begin to stir the two until they’re combined and smooth.
- Lastly, pour the ganache over your sugar rolls to coat them completely.
What are you waiting for? Enjoy your own afternoon tea party at home with our delicious sugar rolls. Go ahead and unleash your creativity when decorating these treats to fit your fancy! Order these halal cakes online and have them delivered right to your doorstep!
Let us know in the comments below how your sugar rolls turned out! You can get some of our delicious sugar rolls here.
#polarpuffsandcakes #supportlocalsg #supportlocalfnbsg #sgfoodies #sgfoodtrend #sgig #sgbakery #localbakerysg #stopfoodwaste #singapore #bakingvideos #foodvideos