3 Lovely Desserts To Treat Mothers This Mother's Day
Updated on 06-May-2022
Mother's Day is just around the corner, and that means we should be celebrating one of the most influential people in our lives with extra love and appreciation! Of course, while we should be cherishing them every day, Mother's Day explicitly shines the spotlight on the most important women in our lives.
There are plenty of reasons to celebrate our mothers, and what better way to do so than with a selection of mouth-watering desserts? You can express all your love and feelings through these tangible and savoury treats.
Moreover, bonding over delicious pastries and desserts is one of many excellent ways to spend the day, especially if you both have a sweet tooth. If you're ready to try your hand at making some hand-baked goodies for your mum, check out these three lovely desserts to surprise her.
1. Bunny Cupcakes
If your mom has a soft spot for all things adorable, she will definitely gush over a platter of cute bunny cupcakes.
Here are the things that you'll need:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- Assorted food colouring
- 6 large marshmallows
- Small pink candies and blue candies
- Chocolate sprinkles
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups of fluffy white frosting
- Pink decorating sugar
1. Preheat oven to 176 degrees Celsius.
2. Use paper liners to line 24 muffin tins.
3. Prepare cake mix as directed for 24 cupcakes.
4. Add vanilla extract to batter.
5. Follow the instructions stated in the cake mix box to bake and cool.
6. Scoop 2 cups frosting into a bowl and use the food colouring to change the shade. This will be the cupcakes’ frosting.
7. Use the remaining white frosting as the bunny faces.
8. Using kitchen scissors or shears, cut each marshmallow in half crosswise and then diagonally to make two ears. Do apply slight pressure with your fingers, and put it in pink decorating sugar. Stick the two ears into the white frosting on the cupcakes.
9. Finally, add the pink candies for noses, blue candies as the eyes, and the whiskers will be formed with chocolate sprinkles.
2. Rice Krispies Treats
Go down memory lane with these Rice Krispies Treats, where you can relive the good times you shared with your mom when you were still her little one. To make these, here is what you need:
- 8 cups of marshmallows
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 tbsp butter, toppings of choice
- Green food colouring
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- Toppings of choice
1. Melt the butter slowly with low heat in a large pan.
2. Once the butter is melted, pour in the add vanilla. Slowly add in 6 cups of marshmallows and melt them.
3. Just before the marshmallows are completely melted, add milk and the other 2 cups of marshmallows. Stir until the added marshmallows show signs of melting.
4. Pour in the Rice Krispie Cereal and stir until the cereal is covered by the melted marshmallow.
5. Pour the batter into greased cupcake pans and apply a little pressure by pressing down with wax paper.
6. Put the frosting into cookie cups and finish with any other toppings you wish to add.
3. Egg Cookie Truffles
If your mother has a taste for cookies and truffles, this dessert is the best of both worlds. Here are the ingredients you need:
- ½ cup of butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Coloured candy melt
- Vanilla extract
1. Use a large stand mixer to cream the butter and the brown sugar for approximately two minutes. While doing this, add in the vanilla extract.
2. Slowly add in the flour. If necessary, scrape off the sides.
3. Slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk when the mixer is still running. Do pause the mixer from time to time to clean off the sides.
4. When the mixture is completely mixed, stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Shape the dough into eggs form.
6. Place it on parchment paper on a tin/pan and cover it loosely with plastic wrap, then refrigerate it overnight.
7. Follow the instructions on the Candy Melt
8. Take out a few truffles from the refrigerator at a time to prevent them from melting. Using a fork, dip them into the candy melts one at a time.
9. Gently tap off any extra chocolate and leave to dry on parchment paper.
There's no better way to make your Mother's Day celebration sweeter than making delicious pastries and desserts with love. If you're unsure of your baking skills or lack the equipment to make them yourself, fret not since our online bakery delivery in Singapore has you covered.
As an online cake shop in Singapore, Polar Puffs & Cakes offers a grand selection of cakes, tarts, puffs, and many other sweet delights, perfect for any kind of celebration or everyday cravings. Check out our catalogue and indulge in the best today.